Sunday, April 7, 2013

Going to the Bathroom...


So I realized a few days ago that I’m not really posting what I promised. So since I’m STILL trying to get this whole picture thing figured out (but if anyone has any idea how to get it to work, PLEASE contact me! Remember, my email’s in my bio), I’m going to put some help on.

 So one of the things I struggled with was the idea of going to the bathroom in public. Sometimes this isn’t a problem, if you’re not being hurried and you can actually take the brace off. But I realized this doesn’t quite work when, oh, I don’t know… You’re in the seventh grade, it’s May and you have five minutes to take a break from the bus which is driving you to Chicago to go to the bathroom. That is not enough time for me to do my business regularly, let along with a brace on. Here’s what I came up with:

How to Go to the Bathroom with a Brace On

Step 1: Unbuckle the brace. Don’t undo it all the way by taking it out of the straps and stuff. Just pull up on the little black clip thing or you know whatever you do to un-clip it.

Step 2: Pull the black clip thing as far to the left as possible so that your strap is as long as it possibly can be.

Step 3: Tuck the straps in! Trust me on this one guys. You will never see your straps the same if you get them in toilet water… Personal experience here… (shudders)

Step 4: Go to the bathroom! It might be a bit uncomfortable, but trust me guys; it’s the best I’ve got. You might have to lean forward a bit. That’s cool.

Step 5: Once you are done and are going to redo your brace straps, you might have to pull your black clip or whatever you have back a bit (or towards the right) so that you can pull the strap to your cut-off line. You can use anything that semi reflects your image to help you with this. Or if no strangers are in the bathroom, you could use the mirror. Or just ask a friend or whoever if you’re at the line. But for me, I’ve had my brace for about a year now and I can just feel when I’m at my line so I really don’t need a mirror anymore, but I do it if possible just to check.

Hope this helps! J

Ann Marie *>*

No comments: