Monday, November 26, 2012

For Starters...


Alright guys, well sometimes I forget some of us are newer at this whole brace thing. So I’m gonna go over some of the basics with y’all.

Underneath

When I got my brace, Brian (my brace guy) gave me these shirts called Boston T’s to go under my brace. As comfy as they are, they’re really not that fashionable, though I do wear them at night. So during the day, I use tanks tops. You can make them match with your shirt but really, no one sees camis anyway. I usually get my under-the-brace camis from places like Justice and American Eagle. There are thick and thin ones. Under the brace I like the thick ones which usually come from Justice.


 

At Home

At home I usually leave the brace untucked from my pants. It’s easier if I have to go to the bathroom and things like that. For out in public, I’ll tuck it in. You’ll find your own little tricks as you go along. I personally believe it all depends on what you like best. I can only make suggestions.

 

Itching

I remember the first few weeks randomly I would go into a spaz attack because all of a sudden my brace would start to make me REALLY itchy! I finally tried putting baby powder all over my torso (or where the brace was) and this helped TREMENDOUSLY! Don’t worry; this will go away after a while. It’s just your body getting used to the brace.

 

I will be uploading pictures after Christmas. Let's just say I "accidentally" went looking for Christmas presents and “accidentally” found out that my parents are getting me an iPod Touch! It will take better pictures than the ones I've tried to take with my regular phone.

 

Ann Marie *>*

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Great advice! And cute design:)

Ann Marie said...

Thank you so much! You don't know how much that means to me!
Ann Marie *>*

Ellen said...

I was itchy too! I got it in 2011 though in the middle of August so I had some time to adjust before school started. I can't wait to see some pics with the "accidental" Itouch :)